SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babywearing carriers in Springfield?

4 posters

Go down

Babywearing carriers in Springfield? Empty Babywearing carriers in Springfield?

Post by SAHM2Andra Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm somewhat new to the Springfield area and wondered if there was a local store to purchase carriers, slings, pouches and other babywearing items.
SAHM2Andra
SAHM2Andra

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-08

http://www.myspace.com/andrasmomma

Back to top Go down

Babywearing carriers in Springfield? Empty Baby wearing group

Post by Kim L. Little Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi there...I know Carrie will know, but also wanted to make you aware of this local support group for babywearing!

Central Illinois Baby Wearers

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/centrailillinoisbabywearing

A group for parents/caregivers in the Central Illinois area who are interesting in different types of baby wearing and baby carriers. CIBW meets monthly at various Springfield locations.
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.springfieldmoms.org

Back to top Go down

Babywearing carriers in Springfield? Empty Re: Babywearing carriers in Springfield?

Post by Carrie Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:12 pm

Hello! I'm so excited that one of the first posts on this board is about BABYWEARING!!
I'm gitty. cheers

To answer your question...where to buy bw things in Springfield....
There is one mom in town that makes Mei Tais. She run Brew Baby carriers. (google 'brew baby mei tai' and you will find her site. Her name is Molly and is a wonderful mama.
There is another mama in Lincoln that is a vendor for Sachi, Hotsling and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I 'think' her shop is called The Sling Station. Her name is Kaysha.
I sure hope you apply for the CIBW group. I don't have a December meet up scheduled, but I will soon!
Thanks for the question and I hope we can meet IRL soon!
Carrie
Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Babywearing carriers in Springfield? Empty Re: Babywearing carriers in Springfield?

Post by SAHM2Andra Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Thank you both for the information! I will google brew baby. I was looking for a mei tai.
SAHM2Andra
SAHM2Andra

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-08

http://www.myspace.com/andrasmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:59 pm

No prob. Molly is a great mama and has some great carriers. I have a few other MTs if you want to come to a CIBW meet up and you can try them out. I also have an APLX SSC.
Carrie
Carrie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainsWife Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:10 pm

I purchased an Evenflo Snugli from Target and love it to death! It was the best 15.00 I've ever spent and my daughter seems to enjoy it too.
CaptainsWife
CaptainsWife

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.lazydaisydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:21 pm

SgtsWife wrote:I purchased an Evenflo Snugli from Target and love it to death! It was the best 15.00 I've ever spent and my daughter seems to enjoy it too.

I'm so glad you found something that both you and your baby like.
With my daughter, I used a Bjorn, but I found my back got sore quickly. So when I had Frank I knew I needed something different. I started with a sling/pouch. He is now close to 2yo and I still wear him 3-4 times a week on my back in a carrier. There are so many things out there to use after your baby grows out of the Snugli or Bjorn!!
Carrie
Carrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down