SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMR vaccine

3 posters

Go down

MMR vaccine Empty MMR vaccine

Post by ASCOTT1 Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:06 am

After reading several studies and researching potential side effects with the MMR vaccine, my husband and I have decided to delay getting this shot as long as possible for our 10 month old. I would also like for her to receive the shot with 3 different injections instead of the combo injection. Has anyone had any success finding a pediatrician in this area that was willing to work with the parents in issue related to vaccinations. I know this vaccination is important for her to receive, and she will receive it....eventually.
ASCOTT1
ASCOTT1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

MMR vaccine Empty MMR Vaccine

Post by lpjen0816 Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Several friends and I take our kids to Dr. Chris[topher] Ehrlich and while my son has not yet has his MMR (he's only 8 1/2 months old) my friend had asked Dr. Ehrlich to separate the MMR shot for her son, who is now 20 mos, and he agreed to do so. I don't remember the specifics so I don't want to pass along inaccurate information, but I do remember my friend's son having to wait four weeks between vaccinations since they were given separately. Dr. Ehrlich is a fab pediatrician and is part of Springfield Clinic, so you can call the main number at 217 528 7541 and ask for his office.
lpjen0816
lpjen0816

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

MMR vaccine Empty Re: MMR vaccine

Post by Carrie Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:53 pm

I too, delay some vax for my kids. The MMR and Chix Pox. My Dr was not willing to separate nor order a different form with out the ingredients that I personally disagree with.
Our insurance does not cover Springfield Clinic, but we are thinking about switching.
Thanks for the info about Ehrlich.
Carrie
Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

MMR vaccine Empty Re: MMR vaccine

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down