SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toys for Tots

3 posters

Go down

Toys for Tots Empty Toys for Tots

Post by Carrie Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:04 pm

I saw a news story yesterday that because of the canceling of the Holiday Parade that TfT may loose a few hundred donations. That was a big shock to my ears.

So I hope some of us can help out this year and buy a new toy (or 2 or 3 or 10 Very Happy ) this year for TfT.

Also, a few of us were helping to separate toys this year and notice the piles that were assigned the 10-13 and 14 & up grouping had very few things in them. Some thing that may be good to help increase those groups are: sports equipment (balls, bats...), wallets, purses, makeup sets, craft sets, jewelry making sets, baseball cards, other trading cards or anything else you can think of that those kids may like.

Thanks and I know the great moms of Springfield will be able to help out! flower
Carrie
Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Toys for Tots Empty Re: Toys for Tots

Post by Amy :) Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:49 pm

Another really easy way to help out TfT: if you're a member of Best Buy's Reward Zone, you can opt to have all your Reward Zone points go to Toys for Teens during the month of December. You can do the same thing if you collect Coke Rewards points too!
Amy :)
Amy :)

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim L. Little Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:30 pm

Toys for Tots ended up hitting and exceeding their goal in the last few days, and I know area moms came to their help. We live in a great community that bands together and is very giving of time and resources when asked! Congrats to Wes Barr and all of the agencies he works with to bring smiles 1000's of area kids!
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.springfieldmoms.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Oh that is soooo wonderful.
Thanks a bunch for the update.
Keep me on the list for helping out next year. Wink
Carrie