How to get rid of old car seats?

Go down

How to get rid of old car seats?

Post by lisamarch on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 am

I know you can't give away, or sell, children's car seats. But what do you do with them? I have car seats in my garage and I want space (Kim's blog is an inspiration). Just throw them in the trash? Any better ideas?

lisamarch

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to get rid of old car seats?

Post by Chase510 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:56 am

Well...that's not entirely true. Of course you can give them to a friend/neighbor or sell them at a garage sale. There just aren't any consignment shops that will take them.

If you attend church or know someone who does, maybe the church knows of a family in need who could use the car seats? Or try the Crisis Nursery and see if they know of an organization who takes them?

Chase510

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lisamarch on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks, I'll give the church a try. I know everything I read is to never accept a used car seat, so I didn't think anybody else would either. Thanks for the advice!

lisamarch

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:12 pm

None of the agencies in town will take used car seats for good reason.
To dispose of a car seat properly, please cut the straps that hold the child so it can not be used. This is very important if you are disposing of a car seat that has been in an accident.
A car seat should only be used for 5 years. After that they should be disposed of. I know it really stinks that they end up in a landfill, but really, sometimes that is the safest place.
You can also call the Springfield Police or fire stations. They have certified car seat technicians that may have literature.

Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down