SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consignment & Resale Shops

+4
lpjen0816
lisamarch
bam920
Kim L. Little
8 posters

Go down

Consignment & Resale Shops Empty Consignment & Resale Shops

Post by Kim L. Little Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Does anyone have any favorite consignment or kids resales shops you love?
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.springfieldmoms.org

Back to top Go down

Consignment & Resale Shops Empty Re: Consignment & Resale Shops

Post by bam920 Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 am

I think most people know about Kids Closet in Rochester. One nice thing they have is a "wish List" that you can be put on....for example I am on it for a Thomas the Train Toddler bed, they call you when /if they get one.

Perhaps a lesser known and newer shop is on Stevenson. Called Kids Treasures. We got a great deal on my son's train table there.

I haven't taken items into either, so not sure how they fair that way......
bam920
bam920

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by lisamarch Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 am

Our favorite, by far, is Kids Only:
939 Clock Tower Dr # C
Springfield, IL 62704

(217) 787-2576

Staff is not always super friendly but their clothes are great quality. I have only bought, not sold.

lisamarch

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Consignment & Resale Shops Empty Kids consignment shops

Post by lpjen0816 Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm

Kids Closet is awesome! We have found some great wooden toys there -- and for clothes, we love Just Kids II (next to Plato's Closet on Veterans...same strip mall parking lot as Old Navy but on north side of strip mall.) Just Kids II has a wonderful selection of Old Navy, Carters, and Ralph Lauren (among others) clothes and a pretty equal share of girls and boys things. They also have a $1 rack and some of these items still have their original tags on them! Finally ... while it's not technically a store, nor local - I've had great luck getting clothes for my son on Ebay. Once you know what works well for your child (if a particular brand or style works) just type it in the Ebay search engine, and options will come up. Many items are avail new with tags, and for other things - like pajamas - I have been able to score many pairs gently used for $3 or less. I also got a new with tags pair of Ralph Lauren swimming trunks ($39.50) for 99 cents! Can't beat that!
lpjen0816
lpjen0816

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase510 Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 am

The Kids's Closet is certainly the biggest one...but to be honest their prices are VERY high for used clothing. In addition, they pay very little when you sell you items to them. I used to go there often but have been less than impressed the last couple of years. Honesly, you can search the clearance racks at Kohl's, JCPenney, Old Navy, etc, and pay LESS for the items new than used at TKC.

I have better luck at Just Kids, who has shops in Sherman and now in Springfield (Just Kids II). Also, there is a great women's shop right next door to their Sherman location!

Chase510

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim L. Little Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 am

thanks for your suggestions! We are working on an article on consignment tips and tricks for buying or selling and will have up for your in March
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Back to top Go down

Consignment & Resale Shops Empty consignment article is live now

Post by Kim L. Little Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 pm

here are some helpful tips on consignment from springfield area mom Lisa Barutcu!
She checked out 3 area stores and got some great suggestions from the owners....

Thanks lisa!!

http://www.springfieldmoms.org/resources/dollars_and_sense.htm#Save_Money_Year-Round_With_Consignment_Shops
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Back to top Go down

Consignment & Resale Shops Empty Just Like New - 202 E Greenwood Ave Jacksonville

Post by michelle Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:33 am

If you head to Jacksonville, stop by this packed little store. Most items are $1-$5 and in good shape. It's a little store so a bit crowded, but you can find bags of stuff and spend very little. I prefer this to Kid's Closet as often I find their items are not much less than I can find them for new with coupons or on sale.

michelle

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainsWife Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:56 pm

I saw a new consignment shop open up here in Chatham, I haven't visited it yet but it's right in the strip mall next to County Market.
CaptainsWife
CaptainsWife

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.lazydaisydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeedMom Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:34 pm

I've always had good luck shopping at Penney's, they usually have a fall sale and I can get better quality clothes for about the same price as Walmart. (Check out the Okie-Dokie brand) Also have one of the bigger selections of boys than most stores I have shopped at for Infants/Toddlers.
SeedMom
SeedMom

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum