SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doula

2 posters

Go down

Doula Empty Doula

Post by bam920 Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:19 pm

I am nearly 31 weeks and have decided that I might want a doula to attend our labor/birth. Does anyone have any experience with a local doula that they would like to share with me? Names/ numbers would be great.

Private message me if you want.

I am going to deliver at St Johns and if it matters we are having a VBAC this time around.
Thanks in advanced!
bam920
bam920

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Doula Empty Re: Doula

Post by emcare Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:26 am

I had my first without a doula and my second with a doula and I will never have another baby without one. We used Janet Tolley at St. Johns. She and Cindy actually attneded the birth. It was the best money I have ever spent. I think that you can find them on the st. john's web site.

This time around, I'm using a new doula (I will be her second birth) and having Janet be her "helper".

I cannot imagine having a hospital birth without a doula now that I have had one. I couldn't have had a natural birth without them, that is for sure. I can't say enough good stuff about them. PM me if you have any questions.
emcare
emcare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-12-08

http://www.hyenacart.com/nursingchairdesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by bam920 Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:55 am

Thanks for all your help and support through PM"s etc. Just want to update you all........now that the baby is almost 5 months old! How time flies!

I didn't end up having a VBAC. I went until 41 weeks and was making NO progress (no dilation etc). We ended up doing the repeat c/s. I was disappointed but it was as good experience as can be expected.

My doula was still allowed to be w/ us in the OR and I thought that might be weird, but it was nice to see a familiar pair of eyes (besides just the hubby).

Anyway I recommend a doula and Janet and the rest at ST Johns were great.

Have a great day and birth (if that is why you are reading this!)

Mindi
bam920
bam920

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum