SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 year old needs fun activity without parents

3 posters

Go down

2 year old needs fun activity without parents Empty 2 year old needs fun activity without parents

Post by JULIE BOEHLER Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:50 pm

My two year old is only talking using one words. His doctor is concerned because he should be using 2-3 words together. We had a speech evaluation done today and the therapist told us that she thinks he needs to be in a daycare setting away from his parents and brother a few days a week. Most daycares have you pay for full time even if you take him part time. His Grandparents take care of him during the day. We were hoping to find something like fun shop but without us being there with him. The therapist said we are his comfort zone. Does anyone have any suggestions? This could be during the day or evenings.

JULIE BOEHLER

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

2 year old needs fun activity without parents Empty Re: 2 year old needs fun activity without parents

Post by Jen Dillman Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Children's House and Silver Leaf Acadmey both take part time. Silvery Leaf is not open yet but will be in the next few weeks. I can not think of any activities right now that you can leave them and come back at that age.

I am not a speech therapist by any means but have they suggested at all or have you tried letting him watch some educational videos for vocabulary buildling? Are you in a playgroup? I am sure your speech therapist has suggested everything that I could though!
Jen Dillman
Jen Dillman

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.jendillman.com; www.thedillmanblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

2 year old needs fun activity without parents Empty Re: 2 year old needs fun activity without parents

Post by becky Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Springfield School District 186 has an excellent program called Parents as Teachers. Although you need to be in the district to formally enroll in the program, you do not have to be enrolled to participate in their drop in play time. It is for children 0-5. The parents stay the entire time and they have a wonderful developmental play setting and opportunities for gross motor play. I highly recommend it as a FREE alternative to get your little one out in a very positive environment for some fun and socialization. Also, the drop in play time will be staffed by Parent Educators (I used to work there and am on the Advisory Board). They have screening tools and can even give you some feedback about your child's speech and language along the way. At age 2 more than seeing a lot of clear expressive language you want to see that your child's receptive language is developing-- understanding you, following simple instructions, etc.

I took my last little one to Drop-In and he loved it and I loved watching him play with others. The last I knew, they offered 2-3 times per week.

Their number, I believe, is 525-3315. Call for times and location.
becky
becky

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.lifejourneycoaches.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down