SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House

4 posters

Go down

Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House Empty Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House

Post by JulieKaiser Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:20 pm

My husband and I took the kids to the special Story Hour at The Dana Thomas House this morning. Mike Anderson was the Story Teller, and he did an outstanding job entertaining the kids with his Jawharp, mountain dulcimer and a noseflute, of all things. His stories were so entertaining; the kids were laughing and having a ball. We bought his CD "Anna's Old Boot" and listened to it on the way home. I highly recommend it. His website is: www.dulcimerguy.com.

JulieKaiser

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House Empty Re: Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House

Post by Carrie Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 pm

julie,
Do you have a schedule of when he will be there again?
Thanks
Carrie
Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House Empty Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House

Post by JulieKaiser Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 am

I think it was a special engagement through the Dana Thomas House for the Holidays. However, we've seen him before at the Chatham Library Summer Kick-Off a couple of years ago, so I know he is around. You might check his website: www.dulcimerguy.com to see if he has a schedule posted of his area speaking events.

JulieKaiser

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House Empty Re: Mike Anderson at The Dana Thomas House

Post by Jen Dillman Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:07 pm

Looks like he will be in town several times in the next few days. Thanks for the feedback on him Julie. I think we will try to see him!

December 29 - Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, 11AM-1PM, Springfield, IL

December 31 – First Night Springfield, IL, Lincoln Presidential Library, 8:00pm, Springfield, IL
Jen Dillman
Jen Dillman

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.jendillman.com; www.thedillmanblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suz Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:45 pm

yes, we saw him at the Dana Thomas house too, and he was certainly entertaining, in a lovely "old-fashioned" way... it's terrific that such a "low-tech" guy is so well-received in this technology age! I highly encourage everyone to see him if they get the chance!

Suz

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down