SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Cares in Springfield

+3
Kim L. Little
Dawn Diveley
TWE7171
7 posters

Go down

Day Cares in Springfield Empty Day Cares in Springfield

Post by TWE7171 Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:31 pm

I am looking for some references for good day cares in Springfield. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone heard anything about Lake Shore Learning Center off Toronto Road?

TWE7171

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Day Cares in Springfield Empty Re: Day Cares in Springfield

Post by Dawn Diveley Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:09 pm

If you are looking for a good in-home daycare, you can call the Community Childcare Connection (CCC). They will give you a list of daycares in your area. You can then ask the CCC if a specific daycare has had any reports or violations filed against them. You can contact them at 217-525-2805 Or 1-800-676-2805 or visit the Springfieldmoms.org Childcare Resources page at www.springfieldmoms.org/resources/childcare.htm

Last edited by on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dawn Diveley
Dawn Diveley

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim L. Little Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi! Here is the link to our Childcare resources page: there are a few agencies you can to get referrals for area child cares based on your criteria. I recommend starting there.
http://springfieldmoms.org/resources/childcare.htm
http://springfieldmoms.org/resources/childcare.htm
Good luck to you!
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.springfieldmoms.org

Back to top Go down

Day Cares in Springfield Empty Lakeshore Learning Center

Post by Shelly Musser Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:29 pm

I HIGHLY recommend Lakeshore Learning Center off Toronto Road. My two year old daughter has been attending Lakeshore since she was an infant (she started at a different daycare in town). I used to work for one of the owners and she is a person who has all her t's crossed and i's dotted. The other two owners, Director, and Assistant Director are FANTASTIC! I believe a great daycare starts at the top. The couple (very minor) complaints I had were taken care of immediately and professionally. If I have future complaints I feel very comfortable talking to any of the owners or Director about my concerns. They are very safety oriented and offer a great curriculum - I am amazed at what my daugther has learned! The Director does a great job at pairing lead teachers with assistant teachers and I have found there is usually a good balance between personalities which brings me much comfort. I could go on and on, but needless to say it's a GREAT daycare.
Shelly Musser
Shelly Musser

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sparklingruby Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:09 pm

My son attends Lincoln Land Child Development Center. I cannot say enough positive things about this place. They accept children from ages 2-5. He began when he was two and is going on four now. It is a very open center- there are no floor to ceiling walls except in the gross motor room. Amazing play ground. The teachers are very committed. Many are getting their degrees in early childhood ed or already have it. Parent teacher conference every semester. A planned curriculum. Fairly structured. They have two different rates- one for community and one for students. Community kids pay for 5 days a week, year round. Although the center is always closed when LLCC is closed. Last I heard the weekly rate for the 2 year old class was $145. I am a student so I am not sure if it has changed.

I have also heard very good things about Lakeshore Learning Center. I believe they allow children to go a minimum of 2 days/week.
Good luck in your search!

sparklingruby

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lisamarch Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:46 pm

My son went to Lincoln Land Child Development Center and I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. Ditto on what sparklingruby said. Also, I'd add that another thing I liked is that there is NO holiday celebrations or religious celebrations. It makes it easier to not have the party craziness, and I think it's just appropriate for a public institution to stay unbiased in that part of life. They are culturally diverse and very open-minded. My son had one classmate there who came in at age 4 directly from China and he helped her learn English. He loved that experience! My son attended from age 3 1/2 to age 6. They accept kids up until they are in kindergarten so there are some 6-year ols.

lisamarch

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase510 Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 am

The Children's Center (part of First Baptist Church) on 4th Street is amazing. I worked there for several years, the teachers are top notch and the classes are small.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as referenced in our guidelines, we want our forum focused on positive experiences and recommendations. thanks for your understanding.)

Chase510

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down