SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Training Woes

+2
Carrie
Shelly Musser
6 posters

Go down

Potty Training Woes Empty Potty Training Woes

Post by Shelly Musser Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:38 pm

My daughter is doing great with potty training. The problem I am having is she will not wear pull-ups or big girl undies. She only wants "Elmos" (her name for diapers). After she uses the potty, she often refuses to put anything on at all. An "Elmo" or diaper is usually the only thing I can convince her to wear - but even that takes great effort. Once I have the diaper on, she complains it hurts. Does anyone have suggestions?
Shelly Musser
Shelly Musser

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Potty Training Woes Empty Re: Potty Training Woes

Post by Carrie Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 pm

I may be a little out of the norm here....but one of the tricks that has worked for us for PT is to go nakey bottom for a while. Obviously just in the house. But it really did the trick.
What undies have you tried? Aili really liked the thicker Gerber ones (and still does even tho they don't fit). And what are you washing them in? Maybe something in your detergent or fabric softener is bothering her. Has she picked out her own undies? Made it a special shopping session for the two of you?

Hopefully you will find an answer soon.
Carrie
Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Dillman Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:30 pm

what about trying elmo underwear?
Jen Dillman
Jen Dillman

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.jendillman.com; www.thedillmanblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emcare Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:29 pm

I second Carrie's idea of going bottomless. That's what we did with Anna and the kid literally began using the potty overnight on her own. I know, I know. I'm lucky, but it really did seem to make her aware of when she needed to go.
emcare
emcare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-12-08

http://www.hyenacart.com/nursingchairdesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:55 pm

My suggestion would be to let her choose what to wear (or not wear) and keep repeating the mantra- "when you are bigger girl you'll wear underwear all the time like mommy." Slipping in some "cool" underwear choices might not hurt to shake it up a little.

No pun intended, but this too shall pass. Before you know it she'll be in underwear full time!

Good luck!
becky
becky

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.lifejourneycoaches.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mama to 2 Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Take her to the store and let her pick out some cool "big girl undies". That worked for us. My son felt like he was big stuff! I even let him give the cashier the money - Like a big boy!!! We also did the naked thing for a while. We didn't see too much of a difference, other than no wet clothes! Good Luck!

Mama to 2

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down