SpringfieldMoms.org Family Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike

4 posters

Go down

Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike Empty Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike

Post by Kim L. Little Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:58 pm

I finally broke down and subscribed to Netflix after way too many late fees at the video store! So we get 2 DVD's at a time and can keep as long or as short as we like, and no late fees; it's working well so far!
Here are some of my favorites from the past month:

For Adults: Waitress (Keri Russell in this funny, yet powerful screenplay, you will laugh and cry and laugh!) Breach (great CIA thriller,) the Contract (John Cusack is in it and he still looks the same, I have been a fan since his boom box over the head days,) The Bourne Ultimatum (Matt Damon gone a bit crazy)

For Kids: Underdog, Air Buddies, Black Beauty, High School Musical 2

Share some of your favorites too!
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.springfieldmoms.org

Back to top Go down

Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike Empty Re: Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike

Post by Jen Dillman Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Has anyone seen The Bucket List, yet?? I haven't been to a movie in four years and I really want to go see this one. Is it worth a sitter? Smile
Jen Dillman
Jen Dillman

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-09

http://www.jendillman.com; www.thedillmanblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike Empty Re: Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike

Post by Carrie Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 pm

I don't know about Bucket List...but I have heard that "Juno" is amazing. Not only funny but just an amazing piece of work.

Oh, and we have 2 Netflix accounts. One for the grown-ups and one for the kids. We get 2 movies at a time and the kids one. Works out well.
Carrie
Carrie

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by lisamarch Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Netflix is the way to go! We get three DVDs at a time. We never go to the theater but we watch 3-4 movies a week. Often we get TV shows on DVD which is better than real tv, I think. On Netflix you can become "Friends" with people and see what movies are in their queues, and that's a great way to get more ideas. I also am a constant clipper of movie recommendations from magazines and newspapers, so my Netflix queue has 200 movies in it. I too recommend Waitress and Once as good recently-released DVDs for adults. My son doesn't watch much tv so we mostly rent for us grownups.

lisamarch

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Movie Recs for Mom or Dad ; Kids alike Empty more movie recs

Post by Kim L. Little Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 am

A good family movie for kids of certain age...a fellow reader suggested we rent "Gracie" a movie about a teenager girl who wants to play soccer on the varsity boys squad...it's produced by Andrew Shue (for those of us who watched Melrose Place in the 80's) and based on his sister Elisabeth Shue who watched Andrew play and was inspired to follow him. It's PG-13, so watch for lots of teenage hormones and some rebellious scenes, but overall it is very inspiring for girls and boys and a tear-jerker too! LOVED it!

For adults: "Babel" we rented and it was pretty good. Very intricate and slow-paced, yet still kept you wanting to know more. Weird and a bit over the top in a few places, but all in all interesting.

Need a laugh YouTube search "Jim Gaffigan" I love him!
Kim L. Little
Kim L. Little

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-07

http://www.springfieldmoms.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down